tdarienzo

Cannot work a solution for my bedroom layout. Please help!

T Da
31 March, 2018

Everywhere I wanted to put my bed or a wardrobe there was a wall light. After 8 years I removed the wall lights and added 2 built in wardrobes but they don't look balanced and the whole room needs rethinking. I feel restricted by 2 windows and 3 doors (entrance, ensuite and balcony). Where is the best positioning for my bed? Where can I add wardrobes that would work? I feel like the bed should be straight on as I walk in the room but there is a window. Looking for creative solutions! I am open to renovating rather than just moving things around.

Comments (4)

• Christine Jackson

Sims Hilditch, Radlett Family Home · More Info

Hi! Have you though about putting a dressing room behind the bed?

• Christine Jackson

Sims Hilditch, Radlett Family Home · More Info

• T Da
    What a great idea, Steph. I hadn't considered keeping the bed facing the same way but shifting forward. I love the way that the mirror and wardobe-facing drawers make this its own area. Thank you so much for taking the time to plan this out for me; you're amazingly generous with your time and talent.
  • Marina Drobot

I agree with Stephy, to put the wardrobe next to the entrance and create a walking dressing room. but id put the bed to the other end of the room. Feels cosier to me.

Need help with a Houzz order? Call us on 0808 164 9310 (8am - 5pm GMT excluding weekends)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience using cookies

By continuing to browse this site or use this app, I agree the Houzz group may use cookies and similar technologies to improve its products and services, serve me relevant content and to personalise my experience. Learn more.