sarah_hunt44

Exterior revamp help

Sarah Hunt
19 April, 2019

Hello everyone, I'm looking for some help updating our home. Is there anyone that could help do a drawing to see what it looks like with off white weather boards on the dorma's, similar colour render then an light grey door as per the photos. Also what do people think a out putting the door centred or off to the right like the old one? or if this seems a little dull what else do you think? we are also going to add a step upto the door too. Many thanks

Comments (6)

• rinq

Render a terrace?

• rinq

New rooftiles and something similar on the dormers. By making the dormers all white, I understand you want white on the lower part too. But as I would not render a terrace, pick a dormer color to go with the roof, to make them blend in.

• Sarah Hunt
    Thank you for your thoughts? why would you not render a terrace? I'm not sure oir budget would stretch to a new roof though. any other ideas on how we could modernise it?
  • rinq

Only render if the entire block is joining you.. The diamond glass should go. And instead of the dark brown shingles, pick a grey or a light caramel (wood?) that goes with the brick. Rooftiles are said to last 50 years (so they say) and we've head some breakage when mending some 1950 roof issues, so they do keep out rain, but become brittle.

• Jen P

Agree there's not much you can do about the tiles as you are a semi (other than replacing/painting as they do look a bit shabby). Here's some inspiration for how you can still modernise what you have. Grey windows/door/drive would help (lose the bay). But if at all possible I'd get one huge window in the dormer- would look incredible :)

• rinq

Centering the windows (and sizing) above the ones below would give some piece of mind too.

Need help with a Houzz order? Call us on 0808 164 9310 (8am - 5pm GMT excluding weekends)

United Kingdom

By continuing to browse this site or use this app, I agree the Houzz group may use cookies and similar technologies to improve its products and services, serve me relevant content and to personalise my experience. Learn more.