nicola5165

Garden advice for specific parts of the garden

nicola5165
6 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

Hi there, I have a rather large large garden and we are pretty new to gardening! We have cleared lots of the old shrubbery and started a new lawn but there are two areas of the garden we do not know what to do with, and would love some ideas. Area 1, is at the top of the garden and faces south, with a lovely large willow tree creating shade, so we are not too sure whether to try and grow grass under it or some other suitable planting. There is a path going up through to the greenhouse as you can see is it is slightly divided. Area 2, is along the same side, nearer the house. I think this may have been a rockery at one point as it is quite stoney, this again faces south so was thinking of planting out my olive tree that has become a bit sick of being in a pot. I was thinking putting in low grasses and lavender and herbs below but would like advice as to what might grow here. It is a nice sun trap. Thank you. here is area1

And here is area 2

Comments (4)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.