minnie101

Help for carpet

minnie101
5 years ago

I'm trying to choose a carpet ATM for most of upstairs but have never bought one so don't know a lot about them. I have been looking at 100% wool in a boucle.

Questions : is a boucle easy to hoover? my mum inherited one but with a much looser/larger loop and she says her Hoover doesn't get everything up and she would avoid at all costs.

Everything I read seems to point to an 80 (wool)/20 (PP/nylon) mix being the best option. What I don't understand is why though given the properties of each?

Finally for cost reasons I was looking at having a carpet cut and either whipped or adding a border to make a stair runner. I've got 3 "platforms" on my stairs so for it to work properly the carpet would need to be cut at a diagonal on the "platform" as per the photo. Has anyone had this done and if so how/when were the whipped edges/border treated and how have they since performed?

Comments (5)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.