mrpickle10

Help, what color of front door?

mrpickle10
8 years ago

I am having the exterior of my Cape Cod home updated soon including a new front door and new bay windows, add landscaping under the windows and white window boxes under the small windows. I am trying to create more of a cottage look. Keep in mind my house faces north and never gets direct sunlight on the front of the house plus I have lots of trees. The house is shingle style aluminum siding in a chocolate brown color. The style of door I was considering was a craftsman style door in either fiberglass wood grain pre-finished stain or a smooth fiberglass door that I would have painted. I haven't decided if I want a storm door again as I rarely use it. Anyone have any suggestions for a door color to go with brown siding...stained or painted? What color of stain? What paint colors? Ideas? Help!

Comments (3)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.