minhass109

Help with exterior door decisions......

Seema Minhas
6 years ago

We have a 1915 built house that we are renovating and need to make a crucial decision regarding the front door. The house has a meter band of red brick - which will all be repointed. The porch brick will be tinted like the original brick to match. Although from the picture the render seems cream in colour, it is actually white K-Rend but needs time to dry out.

The front door opening is 1m wide. We are looking to install a traditional timber front door as well as 2 leaf side hung timber garage door (which is just out of site in the photo but will be placed below the far right small window in the 2nd photo). There will also be a timber side gate to the left of the house. Lastly we used to have non functional shutters on the top 3 windows - not sure if we should reinstate these? If so what colour would work?

What colour doors would you go for? Would you match the garage doors and side gate door to the front door?

Your help and opinions would be very welcome :-)

Comments (10)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.