webuser_243240050

Help with Initial Layout Ideas

HU-243240050
5 years ago

Hi All,

Looking for some inspiration as I feel devoid of all creativity.

We are looking to complete on a property at the end of the week so hoping you can help with ideas on a new layout. I don’t have the keys yet hence the lack of measurements. The plan is to extend to the side and to the rear. Hope to update with dimensions as soon as I can.

The ‘stores’ to the side of the ground floor are a lot bigger than displayed, there is actually a small outside covered area and then an outside toilet. I would say the land to the side is slightly less wide than the lounge in the diagram. Also the hall is not as wide as the diagram suggests, and the kitchen is tiny. If it helps for perspective the garage is standard width and slightly over 20’’ long

My initial thoughts are that I want to move the kitchen to the back and have an open plan kitchen diner. There are neighbours each side so from a right to light point of view I think I can still go back as far as the garage.

Some basic requirements:

Ground floor: utility area, shower room, study

1st floor: 5 bedroom, one of the rooms to have walk in wardobe, 2 rooms to have ensuite.

May consider building on the garage, and using the loft space.

Apologies if things are vague but hope you can provide your expert opinions as i am m stumped at the moment.

Thanks in advance for your help and comments.

SSS

Comments (15)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.