pholligan

Paul Holligan
12 years ago
Hi All,

My partner and I are just reaching the business end of a house renovation and it’s time to pick a kitchen. We’ve looked at a number of layouts with the help of this site and its wonderful contributors and have settled on a cabinet layout shown in the pictures. Some imagination is required as it was not possible to place cabinets where the chimney was (they will have to be cut/modified)

We would like to go for a painted kitchen, something similar to that shown. We also like the idea of black and white/ivory but find it difficult to know what combination would look best with the configuration of cabinets shown as the online kitchen planner used would only allow one style or colour of door so it wasn’t possible to play around. Most layouts with a mix of colours tend to have a contrasting island or something so I’m not sure if it would look right. We plan to have dark wood flooring and a black Rangemaster range cooker.

Can you suggest a way of achieving the look we desire with the layout proposed? Would it look strange having all black wall units? Or perhaps the black range cooker with a black base cabinet either side and the rest white?

Are there any free online planners that would allow me to mix and match cabinet colours etc?

As always your expert advice would be VERY much appreciated :o)

Comments (9)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.