tommyflan

Houzz Advent Calendar: December 2nd - Win YONDER.living kitchenware!

Tom Flanagan
8 years ago
last modified: 8 years ago

On the second day of Christmas, Houzz gave to me...a beautifully rustic kitchenware set from YONDER.living! Equipped with a lovely walnut chopping board, a placemat and some Breton mugs, this is a surefire way to please anybody in the kitchen this season!

To be in with a chance to win, all you need to do is tell us what item in your kitchen you use the most in the comments below! Whether it's a trusty kettle or coffee machine, a favourite set of crockery or maybe a big old saucepan, we want to hear. This competition will run until December 24th.

See terms of conditions here.

Comments (322)

• sarkie
    8 years ago

Kettle for me, when in doubt put a brew on, so much so we got an industrial one as it may not be pretty but at it means I can have loads per day without refilling it!

• margie wilson
    8 years ago

my digital scales. They also weigh liquids. I even use them to weigh wool when I need to divide the balls in two.

• jeanettefileccia
    8 years ago

y set of knives can prepare anything with them

• michellep2k
    8 years ago

Kettle - where would we be without our morning cuppa (tea or coffee).

• giddy2g
    8 years ago

wooden chopping boards - to prepare and serve food

• Jackie Bonner
    8 years ago

It has to be my old brown crock pot inherited from an elderly aunt, I love the way it cooks my meat and veg, a lamb hotpot is always fantastic out this pot.

• Ainee Foo
    8 years ago
    I love my big stewing pot. perfect for this time of year
  • asalvona
    8 years ago
    A very inexpensive white mug with a removable rubber ring on the bottom, I love the softness and silence when it touches a surface, especially in the morning !
  • Rach Lp
    8 years ago
    My microwave or my wine glasses!!
  • Alex Fronce
    8 years ago
    Since I became mother: the Thermomix
  • abigailbusy
    8 years ago
    My thermomix and bread maker. Use them every single day! The bread maker takes the mess out of making dough and the kids lovveeeeeeee making bread with it and experimenting with flavours.
    I mainly use the thermomix as a grinder for coffee beans and grinding different types of flour. It's a great little gadget!
  • housey101
    8 years ago
    My knives which I've had forever, which I use up to ten times a day.
  • housey101
    8 years ago
    My knives which I've had forever, which I use up to ten times a day.
  • Simone
    8 years ago

My nutri bullet, gets vitamins fruit and veg in my kids pronto!

• teenytinyhouse
    8 years ago

The Global knife my partner gave me for Christmas a couple of years ago. It is the absolute perfect size and shape for me. I use it for everything, my other knives just sit there! Otherwise, my dishwasher, which is definitely my best friend, especially when we're hosting a big dinner party!

• Hugh Wright
    8 years ago

My thin wooden spatula. very versatile.

• Leila Benhamida
    8 years ago

My chopping board and knifes

• Azra dedic
    8 years ago
    Chopping board! Whether it's for actual chopping or serving
  • Sandi
    8 years ago

I could not live without a wok.

• Yasmin Gaber
    8 years ago

I use a small stainless steel Turkish coffee pot, not for making coffee but for boiling water, milk and eggs. It has lasted me over 10 years.

• honeypoppet
    8 years ago

It's a bit weird...but I don't think I could live without my big pallate knife! I do a lot of cakes...so I use it for decorating...but then it had so many more uses! Anything from transferring pastries or meringues to opening a trapped drawer! :-)

• kylajane4
    8 years ago

my kettle and a little sharp knife that i use for veggies!

• Melissa McCafferty
    8 years ago

Le Creuset!

• mattiefan
    8 years ago

my random collection of Meakin Sunflower 50's crockery.. hunted down at flea markets and auction sites...

• Kate Burt
    8 years ago

Our Le Creuset stovetop whistling kettle. Slow but pretty.

• rmmul
    8 years ago

has to be the sink!

• SSR
    8 years ago

My extra large hot chocolate mug for sure!

• Sonia Goul-Wheeker
    8 years ago

Nutribullet every morning for a good old smoothie :)

• andrew1961
    8 years ago

Kettle, essential for refreshment breaks

• amandaleeds
    8 years ago

The kettle gets used regularly although it's started leaking so it may end up un the bin soon :-)

• Adele waterman
    8 years ago
    My nutribullet
  • Charlotte
    8 years ago

Personally probably the kettle - I'm not the chef in the house! And once it's out of the loft, my treasured metal caffetierre.

• Rachel Oakes
    8 years ago

The kettle, for making endless cups of tea for my OH

• Sarah Williams
    8 years ago

Got to be the wine glass

• Gil Nathaniel
    8 years ago

All my different mugs - and I have quite the collection! Second place is my kettle :)

• ktwhitelily
    8 years ago

ceramic knives - I get it out of the knife block even before I decide what I'm cooking

• Vicky Jarvis
    8 years ago
    It's got to be my gorgeous reliable dualit kettle, I've had it for years and it still looks like new and probable gets used over a dozen times a day
  • klwinters76
    8 years ago

Coffee machine (me) and ice cream scoop (my son).

• allison4114
    8 years ago

We got a Wok as a wedding present back in 1992 - it's fairly battered at this stage but I would use it at least 3 - 4 times a week to stir-fry - I'd be lost without it!

• PRO
    Simply DeClutter Professional Organiser
    8 years ago

gorgeous spoons

• Isabel Robson
    8 years ago
    A small olive board to slice a lemon for my morning lemon tea
  • Sharan Brom
    8 years ago

My cafetiere

• cnstapleton
    8 years ago
    It used to be my wok but as I'm now residing at the in laws until our completion date arrives, that is now packed away in a box and stored in the loft......so now it's my oversized mini mouse mug I have my daily tea in!!
  • Valerie
    8 years ago

that little extra sharp kitchen knife that's used for cutting everything

• Zoe
    8 years ago

Our lovely thick wooden chopping board - from Aldi!

• PRO
    Urban Grain
    8 years ago

my corkscrew and cafettiere... that's got to change in the New Year though... need to give up all the bad stuff and get a juicer !

• Micheala Yelland
    8 years ago

coffee machine perks me up before riding

• paddyart
    8 years ago

My Olive wood bowl - its so beautiful

• Kel
    8 years ago
    My stockpot. At a certain point in the colder months I make my own soup, and everyday add extra water and ingredients to it, and boil it up to eat, so I have an ongoing source of dinner. I finally wash it out once the weather heats up, or I don't fancy soup anymore.
  • Tom Flanagan
    Original Author
    8 years ago

Hi everyone!

Thanks for all the comments and input, it was great to see so many of you get involved! The competition is now closed, and any winners should have received an email from us confirming their prize so get checking.

Happy New Year and here's to the next one!

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.