tommyflan

Houzz Advent Calendar: December 9th - Win a set of Rigby & Mac jugs!

Tom Flanagan
8 years ago

Creating a beautiful display, whether for the table or your mantlepiece, is critical at this time of year, and what better way to achieve this than with a set of worn and wonderful stoneware jugs? We've teamed up with Rigby and Mac for the 9th day of our Advent Calendar, who are giving away a set of three stoneware jugs.

To be entered into the draw, all you need to do is vote and comment telling us where you'd place these jugs! This competition will run until December 24th.

See terms of conditions here.

Mantlepiece
Kitchen/Dining Table
Bathroom
Entrance/Hallway
Other

Comments (174)

• jessord
    8 years ago

These would look perfect on our reclaimed fir table in our dining room - we've recently painted the room in Farrow & Ball ammonite and these would match the colours in the room so well.

• teenytinyhouse
    8 years ago

I'd actually use them as jugs (can't you just imagine pouring out cream from that little one?), and as vases all over the place!

• Petra Casen
    8 years ago
    I will place these on my kitchen dresser. They are rustic and yet elegant.
  • moorlikeit
    8 years ago

These would group nicely on my kitchen dresser.

• Hugh Wright
    8 years ago

They'd make a handy store for my birdseed!

• sianember
    8 years ago

Oh these are beautiful, I'd probably keep them on my kitchen dresser, I'd be too wary of them getting broken by my cats launching themselves around in the dead of night if I put them on the kitchen table. I don't have a mantelpiece but they'd look great on the slate hearth in front of the wood-burner when it's not in use, the rough stone wall of the fireplace would really complement their colour & texture.

• Pauline Giroux
    8 years ago
    In the kitchen as it fits the colourscheme perfectly, with some dry twigs in them or fresh cut flowers. Or just on their own!
  • DSG
    8 years ago

Would love these in my kitchen, on the window sill with some fresh flowers.

• bombel1972
    8 years ago

well, since there would be three, i possibly would use it in the three different places. maybe? kitchen, bathroom, living room. or maybe not. haha just depends when in need most....

• Leila Benhamida
    8 years ago

In my hallway will look wonderful

• Mary Mary
    8 years ago
    On some lovely dark wooden shelving in my kitchen
  • jheath118
    8 years ago
    In the dining room full of mulled wine!
  • michellep2k
    8 years ago

Dining table - either for display, holding flowers or drinks at house parties!

• belfastsink
    8 years ago

They'd be lovely on the rustic dresser in my bedroom - with a seasonal twig or three!

• Courtenay Moon
    8 years ago

These jugs would add such a wonderful rustic chic look to my bathroom. I would keep them by the bath with seasonal foliage in. Imagine the beautiful baths that could be had!

• Bessie Lee
    8 years ago

I'd prefer these on the dining table but would most likely split them between the kitchen, hallway and dining room. With fresh flowers these would bring the rooms together perfectly.

• Catherine Ellis
    8 years ago
    Ooh on my navy blue dresser!
  • PRO
    Elizabeth Bee Interior Design
    8 years ago
    Beautiful...would look fab in my kitchen!
  • kerryowang
    8 years ago

I might just have to carry them from room to room so I can look at them all day...gorgeous!

• Emma Finlay
    8 years ago

Definitely in the potentially awkward internal window between the kitchen and back porch in our new house, to make a welcoming transition between the two spaces. (And to help console my accessorising efforts to tide me over til we can replace the kitchen! )

• honeypoppet
    8 years ago

I would use these lovely jugs in my guest bedroom...they would look gorgeous..as it's done in whites and pale blue...very English cottagey....I would put flowers in one and use another as a water jug on the bedside table...

• kylajane4
    8 years ago

i love these! i would put them on the kitchen table with wild flowers.....

• Radhika Sethia
    8 years ago

Gorgeous! Definitely on top of the mantle with some orchids

• User
    8 years ago

Beautiful! I would have to display them on my mantlepiece for everyone to see......

• Jackie Bonner
    8 years ago

These jugs would look wonderful in my kitchen, I have a sweet little chalk painted table that they would look really wonderful on.

• Georgie Akin-Smith
    8 years ago

The mantle piece is definitely the perfect place to display these beautiful jugs!

• rmmul
    8 years ago

new house, first time porch owner- these would inspire me

• fiendarina
    8 years ago

On the mantelpiece in the dining room, full of flowers and greenery from the garden, depending on the time of year.

• andrew1961
    8 years ago

On my kitchen window sill, would look beautiful.

• amandaleeds
    8 years ago

They'd go in my kitchen to brighten up the dull black worktop I currently have :-)

• Green Bean
    8 years ago

In the conservatory in a descending line stuffed with flowers from the garden

• jeanrader
    8 years ago
    These would be gorgeous on my refinished wood side table. They were made for it :-)
  • charlie_healey
    8 years ago

On my newly inherited 1930s sideboard in the kitchen. A clash of styles but both gorgeous and will look fabulous.

• Zoe Woodward
    8 years ago

Gorgeous jugs! In my hallway garnished with a sprinkle of berries and holly

• bruket
    8 years ago

These jugs will look wonderful on a table I am making. The table is a narrow table, slim, pale wooden legs with a slate top. The dark table top and the pale jugs would be placed by a window the same height as the table. I would put a flower or two, or a branch in one of the jugs depending on the season.

• Sarah Williams
    8 years ago

They'd look gorge in the kitchen

• Gil Nathaniel
    8 years ago

On my windowsill, or maybe on a little side table - i think they would look good anywhere!

• Sandi
    8 years ago

Many great ideas above....I would try them all. No fixed abode is the answer then.

• mouseshouse
    8 years ago
    Perfect for a kitchen window sill
  • redkez78
    8 years ago
    As an informal looking table centrepiece with some flowers clipped from the garden. Goodness I love them!
  • klwinters76
    8 years ago

Somewhere in the family room.

• Adele waterman
    8 years ago
    In my new bathroom
  • PRO
  • Zoe
    8 years ago

I think these would lovely offsetting the industrial style in my dining room. I love a bit of eclectic mix

• sarkie
    8 years ago

Has to be bathroom, as then we could put flowers in it and also use it to pour water in a bath... that's a thing, I'm sure it is.

• arzuince
    8 years ago
    I'd use these, so definitely in the kitchen!
  • Micheala Yelland
    8 years ago

until i can afford new kitchen or bedroom on the large window ledge in bathroom so whilst luxuriating in the bath i can admire them and the flowers I've grown

• paddyart
    8 years ago

Kitchen island - so I can use them as well as look at them

• Kel
    8 years ago
    The mantelpiece. Filled with sprigs of golden leaves.
  • Tom Flanagan
    Original Author
    8 years ago

Hi everyone!

Thanks for all the comments and input, it was great to see so many of you get involved! The competition is now closed, and any winners should have received an email from us confirming their prize so get checking.

Happy New Year and here's to the next one!

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.