casafloruk

Kitchen doors problem

Casa flor
7 years ago

I had a new kitchen fitted around 6 years ago and a couple of years ago I noticed the laminate on the doors was coming away from the wood/board, it started on the top cupboards and the bottom cupboards were ok at the time. I contacted my local joiner who said it must have been a manufacturing fault, he contacted the chap who did the kitchen and he passed on the manufacturers details. My joiner managed to get new doors for me and fitted them, I paid him for this. Since then the bottom doors have now gone the same way, I tried to contact the manufacturer but was told they had gone out of business. I have asked another kitchen place for advice but they said they couldn't get doors to fit my cupboards and didn't offer further help. The doors have now been like this for around 11 months and look awful. After seeing a recent poll here on Houzz about shaker and modern kitchens it has spurred me on to get advice. Any advice would be appreciated.

Comments (16)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.