monidda

Kitchen Reno after years of planning

Monica
5 years ago
last modified: 5 years ago

Hello there, for one reason or another this renovation has been four years in the planning, we must be onto plan *z* which is quite ridiculous but this is it and excited to finally start.

I worked with the wonderful Karen at One Plan on the layout, and I cannot sing her praises high enough. If you are looking to start a renovation please, save yourself hours of agonising over potential layouts, as well as making costly mistakes, and contact her to do it for you. You will not regret it.

The first photo is the preferred layout with the floating island/peninsula in front of big sliding doors or bi-folds ( little unconventional I know but confident it will work well for us).

The second photo is a previous layout we were considering, and we are taking the clever fridge freezer and mini laundry room idea from it, cleverly tucking them under the stairs in the hallway.

The third photo is of the final cabinetry configuration on that back wall and what I need help with. We plan to have two tall units 600mm wide sat on the worktop either side of the range. To increase storage we would want these to be deeper a min of 400mm to be able to fit our microwave, toaster etc. But of course I would also like more useable worktop area. Fitted onto the 600 depth it will leave us with 200mm which very little and not much help. My thought was to pull everything 200mm from the wall which will leave us with a much better 400mm worth of worktop in front of these units. Question is what would I do behind the range with that 20cm extra worktop? Create one of those handy shelves for odds and ends? Also how would we go about the worktop? Would we have to use the standard 600 wide and join it at the back under the units? Hope this makes sense. I have 1000 other questions so I will keep this thread going if so you can to offer help and guidance as we progress :)

Thank you

Comments (775)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.