kelly_maguire76

On the fence about vinyl plank flooring

Kelly Maguire
9 years ago

I'm completely redoing a small kitchen (10x10 feet) in a vacation home. The house was built in the mid seventies and hasn't seen much updating since then.

I am trying to decide what to do for the floor in the kitchen. Originally I wanted to do engineered hardwood, but the kitchen floor extends into the laundry room (which also contains the hot water heater). Putting hardwood in a utility/laundry room seems ill advised, and now I'm trying to decide: do I put hardwood in the kitchen and vinyl in the laundry, or spring for a high end vinyl plank that looks like wood and put it in both?

The sample vinyl planks look good, but I'm worried I'll feel differently once it's filling up my kitchen.

Anyone have buyers remorse over theirs? If engineered hardwood is in my budget, is it worth the hassle to do two different floors?

Comments (12)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.