mlouise_fraser

Shower room with no toilet

mlouise_fraser
8 March, 2018
last modified: 8 March, 2018

I’m converting my master suite by adding a walk in wardrobe and shower room.

The room is on the other side of the house from the existing bathroom, and so to add a toilet will require a new soil stack.

The house is a renovation project for us which we are planning to sell on once it’s completed, so we need to consider cost v return.

Its a 3 bed semi with an upstairs bathroom - the only toilet in the house.

What do you think? worth adding the toilet, or ok as shower room?

Shower room - no toilet
Add toilet

Comments (5)

• PRO
    Room by Room (Midlands) Ltd

If you are looking to sell on purchasers would expect a toilet in an ensuite. Could you use this space to enhance your walk in wardrobe arrangement and possibly consider a downstairs toilet as an alternative option?

mlouise_fraser thanked Room by Room (Midlands) Ltd
  • PRO
    Bathroom Supastore

A second toilet will always add value to a property. Is there somewhere else you could position a toilet? Maybe under the stairs?

We have tons of smaller options available at Bathroom Supastore.

mlouise_fraser thanked Bathroom Supastore
  • minipie

Depends on cost of new soil stack in proportion to the value of the house.

Are you sure it isn't possible to run a soil pipe under the floor to meet the existing stack - this will depend on distance and how the joists run..? Could be cheaper than an entirely new stack.

Another option is a macerating loo though they are not ideal.

mlouise_fraser thanked minipie
  • kikiamack
    I think shower room with loo is preferable to shower only plus walk in wardrobe. Cost allowing.
    mlouise_fraser thanked kikiamack
  • Emmanuelle
    Would love a walking wardrobe, but would prefer to have a loo next to the shower. For me, it’s a non negotiable basic, a WW is a luxury I could live without.

Need help with a Houzz order? Call us on 0808 164 9310 (8am - 5pm GMT excluding weekends)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience using cookies

By continuing to browse this site or use this app, I agree the Houzz group may use cookies and similar technologies to improve its products and services, serve me relevant content and to personalise my experience. Learn more.