webuser_71660

temporary conversion of a garage

Tani H-S
5 years ago
We have a large double garage that we have planning for to convert into a habitable space which we went through planning for etc etc.

We also have a small detached garage to the side of the house that will never be used as a garage and I wondered if we kept the garage door but added some French doors at the back for access (in place of an existing window) and insulated the floor and walls, if we still needed building regs for it??

It would only be used as a summer office/craft room and gym perhaps and could easily be used as a garage again if we sold the house down the road.

I know people use their garages as workshops and don’t need building regs so we are hoping not to have to need them as well.

Anyone know?? Don’t want to call them up and highlight it if I don’t need to, ha ha

Comments (2)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.