gillianlewis196

Tiny, angled kitchen - which way to lay flooring?

Gillian L
6 years ago

We have a very small kitchen we are renovating. It has one straight wall with a window and external door with glass panel on the left hand side (west facing extending from the back of the house). It has an angled wall on the right hand side.

We are laying flooring planks 192mm wide and would like to lay them in such a way that it makes the room look bigger, but doesn't make it so obvious just how much of an angle the room sits at.

I've attached drawings of the planned layout, plus three options for the way we could lay the floor:

1) At 45 degrees so it is supposed to look at an angle (this could be laid angled North West to South East as an alternative)

2) Perpendicular to the light source

3) Perpendicular to the angled wall

We discounted perpendicular to the internal door as that really would show how much of an angle the wall is on.

Which do you think would be most effective or is there another that would be more appropriate?

Comments (10)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.