carolins

Work on kitchen has started

Carolina
6 years ago
I know that some people on here are curious to see our new kitchen. As are we. It has taken months, what... years, of thinking. Then I explained to Karen from OnePlan what kind of layout I had in my mind for our new kitchen. She drew the plans and amended them a couple of times, because I'm stubborn and wanted it like this, not like the wonderful design ideas she came up with. She's a lovely, patient designer with great ideas, so everything that you consider weirdly designed in the end product is the result of my own twisted mind.

So, finally work has started. We sold our old kitchen that we've enjoyed looking at and working in for twenty years and that was still in very good condition, but we wanted a change. A totally different kitchen that we can hopefully enjoy for another twenty years and more.

So it's not really a design dilemma, but quite possibly dilemmas will turn up as we go along. And it's not a before & after yet either.

I've included the before photos of our lovely 'old' kitchen that has gone to a good home, and one photo of the very narrow, very messy (I have no shame ;-)) and never finished pantry space that was behind the tall cabinets. And will be behind tall cabinets again, but in a revamped version. And much tidier!

Bear in mind that we live in a converted kind of industrial building. It was never built as a home, so it has some unusual features.

Comments (54)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.