hannahgoldie

Worried about a hotchpotch house! Render/cladding advice please.

hannahgoldie
5 years ago

Hi,

I would really appreciate some advice on render and/or cladding options for the front of our house. It is a 1960s bungalow at the corner of a cul-de-sac of predominantly Chiltern brick houses and bungalows with white render.

We are extending to the right side and were granted planning permission for dark timber cladding on the front section to the right of the front door (currently brick). The left side of the house has a white render and the sides of the house and garage are in Chiltern brick. We were thinking of grey window frames.

I am really struggling to see how to tie it all together and am concerned the brick/cladding/render will look hotchpotch. Architects and contractors have suggested grey Marley board would look better on the right than dark timber as submitted to planning.

Thank you very much for your time and suggestions for our project!

Hannah

Comments (2)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.