Definition of Relationship between Social Structure and Social Mobility
https://www.gurupendidikan.co.id/ - Which in this case is explained above that social mobility is the transfer of status or position from one layer to another
Which in the sense of the displacement occurs in a social structure with a vertical dimension, which is easy or not someone in carrying out social mobility depends on the social structure of society.
Social Mobility in Tebuka's Social Stratification System
For this reason, a community with an open social stratification system provides an opportunity for its members to carry out vertical social mobility that can occur in the form of social climbing or sinking.
Which in an open social stratification system allows every member of the community to be active and creative in making changes to improve their welfare.
The general principle of social mobility in societies that adhere to open stratification is as follows:
- There is no one in society that is mutually closed to vertical social mobility.
- Whatever openness a society has to social mobility, sometimes obstacles remain.
- For every community it has its own type of vertical social mobility, there is no generally accepted type for every community.
- The rate of social mobility is caused by different economic, political and occupational factors.
- Social mobility caused by economic, political and occupational factors, does not indicate a continuous trend of increasing or decreasing social mobility.
Social Mobility in a Closed Social Stratification System
In a society which in this case adheres to a closed social stratification system the possibility of vertical social mobility is very small. This happens because the people prioritize traditional values.
For example, in the Baduy tribe society, they prefer to preserve traditional values and reject the changes, from the description above it is clear that there is a relationship between social mobility that occurs in a person or group of people with the social structure of the community where a person or group of people is are on.
This user has not saved anything yet.