Can artificial plants go outside?
Whilst many artificial plants on the market are sturdy enough to withstand the elements, this isn’t true for every product. Therefore, if you’re specifically looking for outdoor artificial plants and flowers, be sure to check the product details before purchasing to ensure that they will survive the trials of the outdoors and resist fading.
What are the best artificial plants?
Many will argue that the best artificial plants for home decor are those which are often mistaken as being real. Most fake plants are made from silk or plastic, which will vary in price depending on the quality. You can also find them in loads of different colours and sizes, and in both non-flowering and flowering varieties. The best type for your home will depend on your personal preference, whether you want to place them in your home or outdoors, and the look you’re trying to achieve. Here are some tips to make your artificial plants look more realistic:
- Place your artificial plants next to real plants
- Place them in real soil or water
- Keep your artificial plants clean and dust-free
- Choose plants in natural colours
What do you clean artificial plants with?
Artificial plants often look very realistic, but one of the easiest way to tell them apart from real plants is when they’re covered in dust. Here’s some tips to help you keep your artificial plants in tip top shape:
- Shake your plant or blow it with a hair dryer (cold air) to remove the top layer of dust
- Do not clean artificial silk plants with water, instead spray your plant with rubbing alcohol to dislodge the dirt, and dry off immediately with a towel or hair dryer
- Clean plastic plants with cold water and use furniture polish to restore their shine