Hot tub and pool supplies can be divided into two different categories. Firstly there is essential equipment such as filters and pool covers used to ensure your swimming pool and hot tub is always sparkling clean and ready for you to take a dip. Secondly, there are accessories like pool floats, inflatable pillows and underwater lights that help the whole family to make the most of your outdoor swimming pool all year round and enhance your hot tub experience. Read on to learn more about the different types of hot tub and pool supplies on the market:
What hot tub and pool supplies do I need?
Purchasing and installing an outdoor pool or hot tub in your garden is not a decision that you will have made lightly. Once you have taken the plunge it is important to stock up on all of the swimming pool equipment and hot tub supplies you need to keep your water clean and maintain good hygiene. Here are some ways you can use supplies to keep your swimming pool and hot tub looking their best:
Maintaining your swimming pool:
- Ensure your pool is always healthy and inviting by regularly checking the water quality with the correct swimming pool supplies.
- Maintaining a balanced pH will ensure that you have to use less chlorine and help to keep running costs down.
- Running a swimming pool filter or pump for a few hours a day will recirculate clean and visually clear water into your pool. Make sure that you clean your filter every few months so that it can work effectively.
- A skimmer, or net with a long handle, and vacuum cleaner can be used if debris such as leaves and insects find their way into your outdoor pool.
- During the winter months and times when the pool is not in use, a plastic pool cover is a great way to protect it from the elements and prevent dirt from accumulating.
Keep your hot tub healthy:
- Whether you’ve got a wooden hot tub or a vinyl one, a filter is a good idea to buy hot tub supplies to keep the water spa-like. Cleaning the filter regularly will extend the life of your hot tub and they should generally be replaced every 1 to 2 years.
- Vinyl or canvas lids are both equally effective in protecting your tub. A tightly fitting cover or lid is not only important for keeping out debris, but it will also reduce heating time in winter so you can hop in straight away.
- Installing an outdoor shower area so that you and your guests can rinse away any deodorants and beauty products on the skin before enjoying a soak will keep your water clean and is a fun way to create your very own home spa and haven of relaxation in your back garden.
What are the best hot tub and pool supplies?
Hot tubs are the ultimate de-stressors that can be used for relaxation and spa therapy all year round. Extremely popular in Scandinavia in the winter months, they are not only a stylish addition to your outdoor space but have proven health benefits and can improve your overall sense of well being. Equip your hot tub with inflatable pillows and backrests to make the experience as comfortable as possible and to ease aching muscles or back pain. Additional hot tub accessories
such as floating drinks holders mean you can unwind for hours and will add to the sense of luxury when entertaining guests.
Prepare for a long hot summer with the kids by stocking up on fun swimming pool supplies such as inflatable pool floats and toys
. Floating toys are an ideal way to make little ones feel more confident in water or simply for parents to soak up some sun. Foot pumps and air pumps are useful pieces of equipment that can be used to set up your inflatable furniture quickly so you can spend more time enjoying the results.
How do I store pool supplies?
When you have stocked up on all of the essential pool and hot tub supplies that will help you make the most of your outdoor pool you will need somewhere to store them. A garden shed is a practical solution that keeps all of your equipment safe and will protect it in the colder months. Always make sure your supplies are clean and dry before tucking them away for the winter so that they are not susceptible to mould or frost and are as good as new the next time pool season comes around again.
Another fantastic option for smaller gardens and patios is a storage bench that can be used as a sun lounger but also has internal room for storing toys and cleaning equipment. A storage box will keep your poolside clutter-free while all of the essentials are close at hand. A breathable, wooden bench is ideal for warmer weather when children are using the pool every day and can enhance the look of your outside furniture arrangement.
Find all of the essential hot tub and pool supplies to clean and enhance your enjoyment of your outdoor spa space and poolside on Houzz UK.