Prints and Posters
What’s the difference between a print and a poster?
The difference lies in the quality and the image subject. Posters are usually printed in large volume and on less expensive paper than art prints. Additionally, poster are often advertising something, such as a movie or a music album, whereas prints are often a reproduction of an original piece of art. However, both prints and posters can be classed as artwork.
What poster should I get?
Prints and posters don't have to be of paintings or photos, there are all sorts of quirky patterns, and quotes that will work with any design style. Here’s a list of some of the different types available:
- Vintage Posters: These brightly coloured posters were the original form of advertising.
- Art Prints: These are a printed copy of an original piece of artwork.
- Music Posters: These posters feature music related images, including pictures of bands and artists and often album artwork.
- Typography Art Prints: These are prints that use letters or numbers to create art. Printed song lyrics and quotes are examples of typography.
- Movie Posters: These are posters that have been created for major films.
What style art print should I get?
If you're looking for statement pieces that will be the prominent design element of a room, then large canvas prints or even wall murals will do the trick. Go for big and bold if you love a bit of colour, or if minimalism is more your thing, there are plenty of abstract poster designs that may appeal to you.