Punch bowls are a must-have to complete every well-stocked household. These decorative vessels have been a beloved party staple for over three centuries, and continue to grace the beverage table during a variety of occasions. Whether you are looking for a durable and playful plastic Halloween punch bowl set, or a high-quality crystal punch bowl for your Christmas party, on Houzz UK you can browse a large range of punch bowls along with other
to find the right fit for your needs.
What are punch bowls used for?
A punch bowl is a large bowl that usually comes with a serving ladle and matching serving cups, and is most commonly crafted from glass or stainless steel. You can also find extra stylish crystal, silver and copper punch bowls for a stunning décor statement. These large serving bowls have long been used at social gatherings as a versatile beverage dispenser. In the 17th century, punch bowls were crafted from ceramic and were used for serving sweet fruit beverages. The popularity of punch has come and gone over the years, but punch bowls have remained a decorative party centrepiece, holding everything from soda at children’s parties to inventive cocktails at adult events.
Are punch bowls out of style?
In our opinion, punch bowls will never go out of style. But if you’re worried about purchasing one just to have it sit on the shelf and collect dust, consider these creative uses for punch bowls that will make it a relevant décor staple when you’re not entertaining:
- Centrepiece: Turn your large vintage punch bowl into an eye-catching centrepiece by filling it with floating flowers or flickering candles. Surround the bowl with cups filled with favours for your dinner party guests.
- Trifle bowl: Turn your punch bowl into a delicious serving platter for your favourite dessert, and use the punch cups for single servings.
- Coastal treasures: In the summer or in your beach home, fill your punch bowl with coloured sand glass and large seashells.
- Potluck: Use your punch bowl as an elegant dessert vessel for your next neighbourhood or work get together.
- Salad bowl: Spice up dinner parties by using your punch bowl as an elegant salad bowl.
- Plant terrarium: Fill your smaller, clear glass punch bowl with sand or soil and top it up with succulents and cacti for a unique and natural centrepiece.
- Lampshades: If you’ve got a workshop with the right tools, turn your punch bowl into a one-of-a-kind ceiling light diffuser or lampshade. Additionally, when mounted on a pedestal, a punch bowl will make a beautiful bird bath.
Where to buy punch bowls?
Whether you are looking for a dishwasher-safe, plastic punch bowl and ladle for a kid’s party or a luxurious glass punch bowl set, you can find these and a wide variety of other serving dishes and platters
on the Houzz UK shop.