- Product Description
- Product Specifications
- Shipping and Returns
These string lights are solar powered and do not require cables, extension leads, or electrical sockets. Easy to use, they charge up by day, turn on automatically at night and off again at dawn. The Ultra bright LED bulbs are placed at 10cm intervals and there is a long length of cable (2.4m) from the solar panel to the first light to help with positioning of the solar panel for maximum charge.
Tips for Winter performance:As stated in the instructions, the performance of solar lights will alter with the amount of direct sunlight received during the day. During the summer with lots of bright daylight, solar lights will last for approximately 6-8 hours on average. During the winter they will last for approximately 1-2 hours on average.
Setting up for optimum performance:To optimise the performance of your lights, ensure the panel is facing south and in direct sunlight where possible. Try to ensure that they are not obstructed by trees or in the shadow of a house or wall.
To boost performance:
- Having the lights on flashing rather than continually will increase the performance time.
- Give the lights a double charge. Turn them off at night and let them charge through the day for 2 days in a row. This should increase the performance to 2-4 hours.
- Take the lights inside and give them a full charge under artificial lights for 12 hours.
- Remove the back of the solar panel, take the AA battery out and charge it in a battery charger.
- Remove the back of the solar panel and replace the battery with a Duracell or other make of AA battery to make it last through the night for 4-8 days depending on the battery brand. Replace with the rechargeable battery when the charge has been exhausted.
Customer ReviewsWrite a Review
Browse over 20 million home design photos on Houzz