How to use storage baskets?
When it comes to furnishing a home, storage and organisation are key things to think about. Storage baskets are really versatile as you can use them for just about anything. Here are a few ideas to get you started:
- Pillows and blankets, spare bedding can take up a lot of space but put it in a large storage basket with a lid and it’s out of sight, out of mind
- House plants, a wicker basket really enhances an indoor plant and hides a boring plastic pot
- Spare toilet rolls, towels and toiletries, a storage basket is the perfect solution to your bathroom storage problems
- Dirty washing, laundry baskets hide your washing and make it easier to carry to the machine
- Papers, if you keep your bills and other important documents in one place then you won’t lose track of them
- Rubbish, storage baskets makes great waste paper bins
- Clothes, you can use them to organise your wardrobe so you’ll never lose anything again
- Toys, tidying away toys at the end of the day teaches your kids responsibility and leaves you with more time and space to relax
What are storage baskets made of?
You can get storage baskets in loads of different materials. Here are a few examples to give you some idea of what’s out there:
Wicker storage basketsWoven baskets made of wicker or seagrass are a very popular choice and bring a seaside vibe to your home.
Plastic storage basketsThese tend to provide functional rather than decorative storage. Plastic storage baskets with lids can be a great solution for holding things you don’t need access to all the time like Christmas decorations and can help you keep your attic or loft organised.
Fabric storage basketsOften with striking patterns, these decorative accessories double as storage. Small fabric storage boxes help make your shelves look less cluttered.
Wire storage basketsWire baskets are particularly good for holding papers and documents. They’re also ideal for holding bathroom accessories as they’re easy to clean if your toiletries leak.
Storage basket unitsUnits help you to declutter your home by providing you with an all-in-one storage solution. Some combine storage with regular pieces of furniture such as coffee tables with storage baskets underneath, making sure you have everything you need within easy reach of the sofa.
Where to buy storage baskets?
Houzz UK has a wide range of storage baskets so is bound to have one that takes your fancy.