Houzz Call: Amazing UK homes!
10 years ago
Featured Answer
Sort by:Oldest
Comments (6)
- 10 years agolast modified: 10 years ago
Related Discussions
Houzz Live Chat - Planning, Fitting & Designing a Kitchen - 3pm Friday
Comments (61)A7. Bon Après midi Chloe, I have just recently returned from Southern France and have fallen in love with French rural design, I'm an avid fan of dinning tables for both family and friends to eat and be sociable, if your room is an open kitchen/dinner then embrace the room as one rather than trying to separate them. as for shapes, sizes, and materials clear the intended space mark off the options using either newspaper or masking tape leaving room to walk around don't forget where the chairs will be, this will help you decide how big or small the table can be and how it will fit around your existing furniture as for materials you cant go wrong with a sturdy wooden table with linin and a centre piece. all the best to everyone with their projects and thank you for your questions, until next time Adieu,...See MoreHouzz Live Chat - Optimising lighting in your home, Friday 20th at 3pm
Comments (150)Craig, your question on Lighting Control. The rise of LED has brought new dimension to the lighting control debate. Lighting Control Systems such as Lutron are the best way to dim LED. We use Lighting Control Systems with 0-10v, DALI and DMX dimming and it's possible to get very smooth dimming to really low levels. I don't really want to suggest one system over another. I'm sure they all have their strengths. Rako offers wireless flexibility for retrofit applications, Lutron has a superb heritage and history of fantastic reliability. I'd look for dealers who are really experienced in using the system and a manufacturer with a strong local support infrastructure. We've got an introduction to Lighting Control Systems on our site here and there are some useful manufacturer downloads. http://www.brilliantlighting.co.uk/lighting-control/...See MoreSubmit questions to Houzz’s Agony Aunt Kate Watson-Smyth
Comments (43)Redoing my dining room which I would love to change into a kitchen family room but kitchen is relatively new hence stuck with renovating just the dining room. Switching from dark wood furniture to a more modern look. I have really a blank canvas but a complete mental block, need some help with picking furniture. Kitchen is a very soft green, livingroom is beige with accents of blue Was looking for modern pictures, colourful rug, and ideas for windows. The dining room has two large windows. Any ideas would be helpful. House is late 18th century, semi listed but modern. There are 4 doors in the dining room all painted white with white skirting boards and wooden floors. Would like a real wooden table, something of a talking point, then can move forward. Any help welcome...See MoreSketch to WIN products from Houzz of 2018! NOW CLOSED
Comments (29)Playing with sketch up first time. Just about to start a new build, will be useful to try this feature out for the room there. Would be nice to be able to rotate the pictures a bit, but maybe one can and I can’t work it out, the sideboard would be against the wall not sticking out into the room. I also spent ages trying to add this photo to the post. Could not find the way to link it from the sketch book....See More- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago




















A McIntosh Photography