kiki87

Fireplace Revamp!

kiki87
7 years ago
Fine people of Houzz!! I am in need of some decor inspiration! I bought my first home in Sep last year & it's slowly become my obsession. I've had the whole place completely stripped back & started again. The only original feature from when I moved in is the fireplace. As you can see from the photo it's not "original" although I do love it's charm and I think it has definite potential.
Sooo... I'm having hardwood flooring put down which is fairly dark, more oak-like. With that in mind I'm wondering do I the wood surround white or grey with the tiles removed (they are cheap imitations BTW) & replace with cast iron tile strips? Or do I embrace the wood? Do I paint the surround & feature wall the same colour?
I'm trying out some colour samples, the one in the photo is Farrow&Ball Moles Breath which I was considering painting the surround, so confused!
I would love to hear your suggestions!!! X

Comments (8)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.