How can I make these waterproof
10 years ago
Featured Answer
Sort by:Oldest
Comments (7)
- 10 years ago
Related Discussions
How can I make this kitchen cool?
Comments (18)Personally I'd keep it really simple and light. Paint the upper cabinets to tone with the tiles, or think about replacing the doors with glazed ones—more practical than open shelving, but a similar spacious look. If you were feeling really adventurous you could paper the back of them with mirror leaf/silver leaf for a reflective glow that would also open out the space further. I like the idea of painting the lower doors charcoal (or a warmer grey if you prefer), your room looks very bright so it can take it. A vibrant long rectangular image along the end wall to visually widen the space, characterful rugs and some cheerful kitchen paraphernalia/flowers and I think you'd have a lovely space! You're very lucky, it's really just tweaking....See MoreTired 3 bed 1900's terrace. How can I make the exterior look nice?
Comments (20)Hi I’m also a developer/PRL, and the best price of advice I was given when I was starting out was to remember that on low to mid range profit projects (if not all projects) controlling your spending is the most important thing to remember, and every £ you spend is a £ less profit. I too hate uPVC windows and would not have them on my own home, but many people do like them and see them as a positive when it comes to buying/selling – just look at the houses either side of your house, and I assume along the whole of the street; people do like them! With my developer head on I would suggest that you try to work with what you already have - clean the uPVC frames inside and out with a solvent based professional cleaner, these really shift dirt and marks, and to a certain extent make scratches less noticeable as it removes the ingrained dirt. Replace the interior handles – new ones can be found online at around £1.99 each if you bulk buy. Replace any worn seals with a new universal fitting seal (approx £16 for 20m). If any of the windows are blown/misted, look at replacing the sealed glazed unit instead of the whole window, again the sealed units can be found quite cheaply online. With regards to your porch, it looks like it is integrated with the front window, so removing it would be a time consuming and costly job, so I would leave it as is and possibly look at just replacing the outer door, ideally one with a glazed panel to give a bit more light. I know you said you don't like uPVC doors, however, composite doors are more expensive. As you won't be living there does it really matter if you install a white uPVC door, as long it is the most tasteful and least offensive one you can find. An alternative would be to install fully glazed French doors with both sides opening, which would possibly mean that the doors can open inwards. All of these can be bought online and be fitted yourself – however, you will need to check if you will require a FENSA certificate issuing for the work, otherwise this could cause issues when you come to sell. I wouldn't advise painting the uPVC, as it is really difficult to obtain a good finish, and nothing looks worse than poorly finished paintwork either inside or outside. As others have said, remove the nets, put up some nice curtains (these can be removed and reused on other projects), don't worry regarding privacy, as again you will not be living there, and it will allow more light into the room. If the privacy angle does bother you, you can always put a plain white voile (costs around £2 per m, and a couple of £ for the rod) up at the window with little or no fullness, which gives a more modern, less fussy finish. I would move the dustbins to the rear of the property, and put a couple of large pots in the front garden – I tend to use Olive trees as they can be shaped and don't mind too much if they aren't watered regularly – these can also be removed and used on other projects. Hope this helps – and good luck for the future!...See MoreI’m renovating a 1950’s build. how can I make ceilings appear higher?
Comments (5)I agree about pendant lights being a no no but expensive to change all to spotlights if not already done. You could paint the walls and ceilings the same colour to blur the line of where the ceiling starts. Hang your curtains (if you have them) from the ceiling for maximum height.You can buy the tracks really easily now....See MoreUrgent Help needed ! Kitchen units stick out too far - how can i make
Comments (6)I think once the room is decorated and the worktops fited, top and bottom trim [pelmet and cornice] are fitted and you have your own finishing touches then it will look fine. But TBH i'd have a look at the decor panels you have on the island as i don't think they work at all, i'd suggest panels matching the depths of the units [including doors] or having waterfall ends with the worktop [ie worktop coming down the sides to the floor]....See More- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 8 years ago




Tracy Sidaway