Neutralising blue carpet
10 years ago
Featured Answer
Sort by:Oldest
Comments (8)
- 10 years ago
Related Discussions
Help with Wedgewood blue carpet decor to comp;liment.
Comments (28)Speaking as a designer and a houseowner, I like some of Kim and Natalies suggestions! I would go for a warm grey on walls - some greys are a lot warmer than others. A lot depends on which way your room faces and the quality of light in there already - if its a light room facing south or west definately go for lighter shade, otherwise you will zap the light, if its not a bright room, facing east or north, go for a darker grey, teal or navy - which is very fashionable at thte moment. If it needs warmth, go for gold or copper frames and accessories, black or white if it gets plenty of light. Above all, what feel are you after? Write down some words, collect images you feel drawn to (even if they don't relate to your room at all) they will help you work out what you feel about certain looks and the feeling you are after. But definately more modern fabrics for cushions, throws, etc on the sofas. I would change the sofa cushions unless your going for a faded, antique look. But personally in a room with this carpet and quite a traditional, slightly dull fireplace already, I would go brighter and more zingy and young, you don't want it going to towards the old folks look! You could stand some very bright oranges here and really zingy colours. Have a look at google images online and make a couple of moodboards, tearing out/printing off pictures you like. Its really a combination of working with what you already have, i.e. the room and its light or lack of it and its proportions/whats already in it, plus what you personally like the feel of. How can you combine those factors with some of the preferred ideas and images you have?...See MoreWalls colour to go with Persian carpet
Comments (10)I tend to think it's really worth deciding what it is you want to jump out and be a feature and what it is you'd rather wasn't noticed ;) If the rug is one of the loveliest things in the room and you want that to feature more (plus set against parquet floor which is lovely too) then I'd probably choose a colour that doesn't overpower the rug. Saying that and putting rug to one side I would personally be inclined to keep a dark shade (particularly as it appears to set off the sofa nicely) - maybe Stiffkey Blue or Pelt by F&B would work. If that would still overpower the rug (and this is to be a feature you want picked out) then go light and perhaps take it onto the ceiling too/ pick out the coving/ picture rail/ skirting and doors with a different shade. I did my lounge in Blackened (walls + ceiling) with Cornforth on woodwork/ doors / Wimborne on picture rail and coving. I would personally lose the curtains/ pelmet - looks a bit 'heavy' and quite dominating - however if those are lovely (hard to tell from pic) then again to make them more of a feature then go light on the walls.... Hope helpful - good luck!...See MoreBeige Bedroom Carpet
Comments (1)Hi, I think blue is a great choice - very calming in the bedroom. I'd stick to the more muted, almost grey-ish tones of blue - colours like mint, teal & baby blue may be a little too sickly against the beige. Some ideas below - don't be afraid to go dark as a rich navy would look beautiful with the beige too. Hope this helps!...See MoreHow to neutralise yellow tint
Comments (3)Well with LEDs there is the Kelvins which is how warm or cool. However, cheap LEDs often have a low CRI which makes them look a horrible colour. Cool ones that look slightly blue might make the cabinets look greenish. I would honestly consider Philips Hue spots, you can alter the colour via an app. Make sure any LED has a high CRI, this is important. Tala bulbs are good but very pricey. You actually want something with a pinkish tinge such as the old Halogen Dichroic bulbs which are no longer available. Philips Hue would be my choice, and anything with a pinkish tinge....See More- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago






Charles Buckley