Not necessarily, a wipeable paint would be suitable, but make sure the surface is completely dry and free of dirt first before applying it. You can get anti mould paint that you can mix with a colour paint. Although a splash back, like a 900x 400 porcelain tile, would work or how about a nice grained wooden sheet varnished? It wouldn't need adhering to the wall, you could have it propped up.
Thanks two good ideas should I decide I need a spashback, and as they can effectively be temporary for a while, two ideas I can play with. Would I need anti-mould paint? I cannot recall having mould problems in previous kitchens?
Charles Buckley
erku lakeOriginal Author
Related Discussions
Need help with worktops and splash backs!
Q
Kitchen splash backs advice needed !
Q
should I tile splash back on new kitchen currently being installed?
Q
Splash back options
Q
Charles Buckley
erku lakeOriginal Author