rose_williams31

Extractor fan for the kitchen

Rose Williams
6 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

I have spent a great deal of time deliberating the tiles in my kitchen and I have just prepared and laid out the design. However, not just for design, I query the functionality. This cheap 1000 wide extractor is not only loud in my open space but really visibly does not do the job, especially when I have my electric steamer just to the right of it. Thankfully, I went overboard and have IP65, fully enclosed downlights.

I am prepared to spend on a VERY decent extractor ... please give recommendations. It can go through the ceiling or out the wall (bungalow external wall).

Secondly,
The design pattern of tiles currently are to the height of the existing extractor, but considering a 12mm brushed brass trim on top of where I have scraped the paint off and keyed, the "jut" up to the fan is currently barely existent, so it has to move.
Do you think... make it higher, eg. to meet the height of the middle cupboard (2"+)?... OR flat level across the whole wall (1" lower)?.... It currently sits 80cm above the surface as we are both nearly 6ft people.

I finally have chosen a combination of iron and gold industrial tile (30x7.5cm) laid in an art deco/ very empire state pattern, with brushed 12mm brass trim:

Comments (2)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.