j_may1

pendant lighting placement help

Heidi
I'm in the early stages of designing a kitchen diner, knocking through the current kitchen and dining room to make one room approx 6m x 3.7m.
We're removing a load bearing wall to do this.

With the kitchen design the island follows the rectangular layout of the room. The rsj is above the lower 1/3 of the island.

My current dilemma (amongst several that have now appeared!) is where to place pendant lights over the island as the rsj seems.to be in the way whether they follow the length or width of the island.

A search hasn't given me many ideas on how to do this so I'm hoping someone has some advice or has overcome the same issue