clintonbeattie

Kitchen cabinets floor to ceiling

clintonbeattie
4 years ago

Hi,

Looking for bit of advice on floor to ceiling cabinets.

We have small kitchen and need to maximize storage so we are thinking of having a whole wall devoted to integrated fridge/freezer; larder with pull out drawers; hidden microwave/hand held appliance housing and a few other things.

We like the handleless kitchens and like matte light grey, a bit like this https://www.unitsonline.co.uk/_userfiles/images/Uform/strada-gloss-dust-grey-handleless-kitchen-2.jpg (just the cabinet style not the rest of the kitchen ;-)

I just get the feeling that it may be a bit much, monolithic, almost clinical with the kitchen being handless. I can't find images on the internet which have full height handless cabinet walls. Hopefully someone on here has experience of how this looks feels.

I think if it was shaker style or even had handles, it may help but we just like handleless and it will work well for the rest of the kitchen. Even if the lines of cabinet doors were varied it may help?

Please see our rough Ikea planner attached.

Comments (6)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.