leahdeere

uneven floor level

leahdeere
3 years ago

Looking for some advice or thoughts. Our builder has poured concrete in our kitchen extension to the level of the existing floor joists, rather than to the level of the floorboards. The difference is 18mm. Now when we have had a flooring company to come measure up for laminate flooring they have pointed this out and no way to match it up- there is not enough room between the concrete floor in extension and the new bifold doors to “build up” to the existing floor board level with room to fit flooring on top.

Builder is saying he has done nothing wrong, he has poured concrete to the right level as he says they shouldn’t be laying laminate on top of the existing floorboards. I can’t understand it, everyone adds flooring on top of existing floorboards, with underlay as well? Im Meeting builder and flooring company together this week so they can discuss with each other rather than both telling me there is nothing they can do.

Thanks L.

Comments (7)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.