concrete block garden walls - what to do?
4 years ago
Featured Answer
Sort by:Oldest
Comments (14)
- 4 years ago
- 4 years ago
Related Discussions
What do I do with my garden?
Comments (12)I think rinq's first picture is fab and would look good down either the left or right hand side of the garden depending on how the sun falls. I would guard against attaching it to the house. We have light issues in the UK. We have something similar on the back of our kitchen and although the kitchen is dual aspect it still means the kitchen has become dark. I would also paint the house ivory (which I know would be a big job with the pebble dashing) but I think it would make a massive difference....See MoreWhat to do in Garden. Wall from neighbour's extension!!!
Comments (14)You can get blocks that are planters and build it up to the height and length needed. They were first shown at The Chelsea Flower Show, very easy to install - this way you don't need to touch your neighbours property (I have used them myself for a friends garden). I will try to get the name of the company we used as can't remember it. Shannon...See MoreIdeas for a small concrete garden
Comments (18)E D Thank you so much! I am more inclined to keep the shed now, just need to make it sturdier and paint it in a nice colour. I will have a look at what plants will work best and see if there is any nice gravel too. Man About The House - The DIY & Odd Job Handyman I love your illustration, very easy to imagine! Thank you. Purple slate sounds much nicer to what I have at the moment, I will definitely have a look in the shops. rachelmidlands Makes sense, yes. I had a quick look at sweet peas and nasturtiums and they look lovely, I think they would look lovely. Hanging baskets sound great! I never thought about putting them in the garden, thank you! forzaitalia Thank you so much for ideas and the photos, they sound great! Not sure if my partner wants to spend a lot on the garden, as we are still redecorating inside, but will see what we can do. Loads of flowers in pots look wonderful! Sam Potter Great idea about moving the shed! Thank you Alice Sermanni I absolutely love your garden! Looks so fresh and clean, beautiful! Will definitely post before and after photos too! Thank you...See MoreWhat to plant in front garden and retaining wall
Comments (13)When I say sedums I thinking more of the general term of succulents which is what sedums (stone crop) are. There are many succulents that will survive UK temperatures but most will like it sunny with plenty of stones and grit in the soil, which is why I thought they’d be perfect for your situation. Here’s a little more info: https://www.perrywood.co.uk/gardening-tips/succulents/ I‘ve had great success with sedum forsterianum Oracle (see first pic), love the colour this time of year. I also like to mix them with alpine plants (I find thrift and saxifrage quite reliable) and some Mediterranean plants like the trailing rosemary which like similar conditions. I think you have the potential to be really creative as well (google succulent garden), perhaps using the flowerpot on it’s side and have plants spilling out. If you do go down this route, do some research first as not all succulents are geared for our winter temperatures and the popular sedum ‘autumn joy’ can grow fairly big. Here‘s some inspiration:...See More- 4 years ago
- 4 years ago
- 4 years ago
- 4 years ago
- 4 years ago
- 4 years ago
- 4 years ago
- 4 years ago
- 4 years ago
- 4 years ago
- 4 years ago




1shanson