webuser_373482134

Large Garden screening help

Deb O
last year

Hi,
We are looking to do something with our rectangular wide garden, but have a limited budget for hard landscaping/ fencing, so anything that needs funds will need to be done bit by bit. We have young children who like to play football and a large dog who need to use the garden.
As you can see, there is no privacy from one side of the garden and an ugly busy road visible (I’ve put black marks are over the lovely bright green road sign!) The length of the side fence is 16 metres from wall to house and so would be very costly to replace.
I would love to have a low maintenance garden, with privacy from the neighbours for their, and our, sun rooms and patio.
The garden is south east facing, the more to the east. The sun sets at the front of the house, and we have a lovely bit of evening sun in the corner where the bench is currently.
We live in a valley, so winds can be strong.
I would also like to try and ‘distract’ from the noise of the road if possible!
I like the idea of a bamboo hedge, but am unsure if this will be a good idea? And lastly on my long list, I’d like to try and keep a little of the view directly ahead of the field and trees….
I had thought to paint the concrete wall in white/ or cream and would happily paint the shed too!
Any ideas welcome!

Comments (5)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.