Hallway Help Please!!!
12 years ago
Featured Answer
Sort by:Oldest
Comments (10)
Related Discussions
Hallway Help Please!!!
Comments (22)You could get a radiator cover like this: But I don't think you really want one. Why not have a carpenter build a console that is custom made with the dimensions you need or a shelf that is mounted above the radiator? Decent radiator covers aren't cheap and if it isn't what you want, get someone to build what you do want. If you are going to paint your door (which I don't think you should, but I am in the "no door curtains" club), have it or shelf or console in white. If you aren't going to paint the door, having it (whatever "it" is!) in a dark wood but also have a small table (under the giraffe shade) in wood, too. I hope you start to think it is exciting again soon. Maybe look around at magazines or Houzz for entryways you really like the look of for some renewed inspiration....See Morehallway help please!
Comments (24)I have just revisited this item and a thought has struck me. If you are intending to do the whole house room by room then it occurs to me that the hall should be the last area to do - simply to save tears. While you alter all the other rooms you will be carrying all materials and tools through the hallway - and of course that will increase the wear and tear factor, along with dings and scrapes from long and large bits of materials and furniture. I don't know the layout of the house, nor how badly other rooms need sorting out but I would start with rooms you actually use rather than simply pass through. Kitchen, living room, bedroom and bathroom. In fact I would suggest sorting the living room first before you get so moved into it that vacating it to work on it would be problematic. The kitchen and bathroom don't tend to attract the amount of clutter and furniture that living rooms collect, so are easier to clear to basics to start work on. During this process your hallway may well end up being a makeshift store for materials while work is going on....See MoreHall help please
Comments (11)To me this hallway is screaming out for some dado rail height panelling, I would run this all through and up the stairs and, as the stained glass seems to be consistent throughout, pick a colour from this, i.e. a light green to paint the panelling. Then a nice light but bold print wallpaper above the panelling would look really nice. The staircase is a nice example but needs a bit of cosmetic work to tidy it up and a new lampshade and this hallway could look great!...See MoreHallway help please
Comments (9)Thank you for the ideas so far, I hesitated about a mirror as we have mirrors all over the house and I don't want people to think we're vain!!! But it is crying out for one I agree. I have a canvas that would look good over the radiator and I could change the wall light for a spotlight. We inherited the carpets from the previous owner and can't replace at the moment, but I did wonder if a rug would make it into a space in its own right. Something like this maybe ... https://www.houzz.co.uk/photos/2014-parade-home-lehi-transitional-entrance-salt-lake-city-phvw-vp~18608984 what do you think? Also can't decide about pendant lights. We have an art deco style fireplace in the adjacent room and I like that 'look'....See More- 12 years ago
- 12 years ago
- 12 years ago











User