Long or short curtain
11 years ago
Featured Answer
Sort by:Oldest
Comments (21)
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
Related Discussions
Are my curtains a tad too short?
Comments (1)Hi, Curtains should 'fold' onto the floor...by doing so they support the height of the room, add a hint of luxury and rest easy on the eye. Instead of unpicking the hem why don't you add a hem to your curtains? Get your height from the top of the skirting or the bottom of the panel above the skirting. I would choose a charcoal grey fabric......See MoreNeed help with my unfinished bedroom!
Comments (16)Hello Joelle, I see your'e being given some great advise and ideas!! If you can't find any suitable vintage wardrobes have you considered having fitted wardrobes - painted the same colour as the pale grey walls so they blend into the background - with small discrete knobs or no knobs/handles (a push opener). Long grey curtains either dark or light I think would look great and very hotel chic. When looking for suitable material don't forget to take a sample of your wallpaper with you to check which colours work best and then ask for samples of the material to take home to check at different times of day ad evening to see which looks best in different lights. I'd consider having the long curtains as 'dress' curtain with tie backs and fit either a roman or roller blind - for privacy, warmth and to keep the room as light as possible. Moving the sideboard to opposite the bed I agree is the best place and becomes the focal point of the room - also great to see when you're actually lying in bed. You could look on e-bay for a large vintage 1950's mirror perhaps frame less with beveled edge to hang above. The long mirror I'd lean on the wall left of the window. I love your grey head board. To add luxury I'd go for a white duvet and pillow cases and use the colours in the wallpaper for throw(s) and cushions. Again don't forget to always have a sample of wallpaper and curtain material with you when shopping for these. I really like the photo of the mid century bedside table you've posted - very much in keeping with your theme and would also look to buy a ceiling light and table lamps again from that period - perhaps on e-bay? Good luck and enjoy your project! Katharine, DesignWorks....See MorePlease Help needed with curtain length & curtain type
Comments (8)I tend to prefer long curtains personally as well but if you think that brushing past them would annoy you then I’d go for short. Roman blinds could be an option as well if they will tuck under the pelmet, I do feel that you’d need a double layer approach with perhaps a roller blind in the window to block out the light tho. You could always ask the curtain maker to include curtain weights in the bottom. This would help to make the fabric hang a lot straighter. Of course this does depend on what type of fabric you choose. A thick woven wool or chenille for example (something you might use for cushions or upholstery) will have a lot more bulk and stick out more. Synthetic materials such as nylon and polyester tend to drape better because of the smooth weave. Here’s some advice on choosing fabrics https://www.themillshop.co.uk/blog/which-is-the-best-fabric-for-curtains A plain simple pelmet would look best I think even if it’s curtains or Roman blinds....See MoreHelp Please: How to hang long-span curtains in front of exposed steeli
Comments (13)It might be a good idea to get a builder to advise you about adhesives, or drilling into steel. I would imagine its difficult to drill into it, so you might need to hire a builder anyway. I was imagining a wooden batten that spans all the way across, sort of resting on top, but I suppose the bolts stick up a bit, so maybe that area would need to be carved out to accommodate the bolts. Are you planning on having heavy curatins or just some lightweight sheers?...See More- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago








RD Interior ReDesign & Home Staging