FIND PROFESSIONALS
windsormuk

House in flood zone!

Mo
7 years ago
Help! I love single storey living and planned a beautiful L shaped new build barn conversion, about 1900 square feet with three bedrooms and 40' living/dining/kitchen for our retirment. Due to new flood regulatiions we are now told we have to build a two storey house with a "floodable" basement or non-vulnerable rooms on ground floor, as the floor level of the living areas must be raised 1.75 metres! Can anyone point me in the right direction for a beautiful looking house that allows for all living accommodation above and non-vulnerable rooms below (ie not living areas)? It is in a conservation area so needs to blend in with existing red brick/agricultural type buildings, though opposite a coach house, so that style may be permitted?

Comments (3)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.