Painting uPVC window frames
11 years ago
last modified: 9 years ago
Featured Answer
Sort by:Oldest
Comments (77)
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
Related Discussions
Aluminium Frames vs Wooden vs UPVC Patio Door Frame Showdown
Comments (1)We have slimline aluminium frames throughout our newly moved in house and I have admired their clean, modern look from the moment we had our first viewing. The rooms are flooded with light and the frames give a sharp aesthetic which lends itself to our mid-century look. Have lived with Upvc and wooden frames previously but the aluminum frames have gone to the top of my list....See MorePainting uPVC windowd
Comments (19)I'm pretty sure ours were Ral 1000 Green / Beige. We've got some left in the garage, i'll try and remember to dig it out. However, no two would be the same unless the same paint was used on the same surface and put on in the same manner. Ours were sprayed with cellulose paint. I don't know how many coats, but quite a few. The windows were a dark brown UPVC. I agree that yours look a little more yellowy than ours though. However, they should resemble the sample that you were given, so that's more important. They do look nice....See MoreIs painting UPVC window frames a bad idea?
Comments (6)I know this thread is slightly old now, but I've just used Bedec msp paint on the outside of my upvc porch and it's amazing stuff! Would highly recommend (took me years to pluck up the courage to try it) I spoke to the company's rep and got advice on what to use. Clean with an anti-fungal cleaner (NOT sugar soap as that leaves a residue) let dry. Scour with a green scoured pad OR a v v fine sandpaper which is only to take off the sheen and not to scratch the plastic. Wipe clean with water and let dry. Apply the paint with a brush not too thickly or thinly. Wait to dry 2-6 hours then repaint. Takes one month to cure. My experience - I did black over brown and 2 coats was fine. I found all the brushes I tried (not real hair ones) did leave some marks but I think that's due to the paint. Don't go over it too much in one spot. It's quite thick - plasticed when it dries so work quickly. Less of an issue inside when the sun isn't heating it up of course. Water based so cleans up easily and good range of colours. No primer required so v speedy job! I debated whether to try this or the bullseye 123 primer etc but I'm glad I went for this as it was a lot less work and it looks brilliant....See MoreHelp please: painting exterior of window frames different colour
Comments (10)@Sonia wow thanks for that photo I've been searching everywhere for youtube info, photos etc. having a hard time becasue it can go both ways my windows are black on outside white inside and where to stop is tricky. thanks again....See More- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years agolast modified: 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years agolast modified: 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 6 years ago
- 6 years ago









carolgriffiths