Houzz Logo Print
tommyflan

Houzz Advent Calendar: December 12th - Win Soak&Sleep slippers!

10 years ago

The most important thing about winter-time at home is being both warm and comfortable, which is why on the 12th day of our Advent Calendar Soak&Sleep have come to the rescue and are giving away a pair of sheepskin slippers!


To be entered in with a chance to win these fleecy woolly goodies, simply vote and comment telling us whether you wear slippers around the house. This competition will run until December 24th.



See terms of conditions here.

Yes
No
Sometimes

Comments (149)

  • 10 years ago
    My Mum told me that always wear a good comfy pair of slippers.. Most of us are on our feet many hours a day,..and your feet are carrying everything around. And it's the last thing you take off at night.. Your feet of the floor... They need to be looked after..
  • 10 years ago
    These slippers look heavenly. They evoke the same emotion in me as imagining putting a gorgeous piece of chocolate in my mouth and letting it melt slowly on my tongue. Yum.
  • 10 years ago

    if my feet are warm I am warm all over, I love fluffy slippers and these sheepskin ones look very cosy

  • 10 years ago
    The first thing I do when I get in is kick off my shoes and bet the kids they can't find my slippers ; ) Wearing flip flops at the moment as my memory foam slippers fell apart a while back. Keep meaning to mention it to Santa.......
  • 10 years ago

    I take mine everywhere with me together with my pillow and electric blanket so I am always warm and cosy. This is part of Part I of my living together demands made of my partner - that I must never, never be cold so no moaning about turning on or up the central heating and/or building up a log fire to a towering inferno. ( FYI Part II is that he must never, never give me any pressure of any kind in relation to anything whatsoever. This is our twenty sixth year together and still madly in love. It transpires that I have developed disabilities which require me to be warm and which are exacerbated by stress. So clearly prophetic I think you will agree but somewhat unfortunate - would rather have had the lottery numbers but c'est la vie ).

    I do find that the soles wear out too quickly ( the slippers ) though and these above look like they have a solid sole so might last longer that and I need as many pairs as possible. I had some great boot slippers but the soles wore out very quickly so that I had to apply copious quantities of supaglue to keep them together. I am past that stage now and I cannot continue to wear them as I leave little presents of multicoloured fluff all over the house but I cannot bear to throw them away as I love them so much and I am constantly looking for stick-on slipper soles hopefully made by Timberland !

    Happy Solstice all - enjoy yourselves. :-)

  • 10 years ago
    High heeled dolly by day, slippered lounger by night.
  • 10 years ago
    I always wear sheepskin slippers at home - we have cold floors!
  • 10 years ago
    Always wear slippers- I don't know how you can't when it's winter time & houses(& floors) can b cold. Safe to say my €3 slippers, bought in Spain r now fit for the bin☹️
  • 10 years ago
    Always wear slippers- I don't know how you can't when it's winter time & houses(& floors) can b cold. Safe to say my €3 slippers, bought in Spain r now fit for the bin☹️
  • 10 years ago

    I have some very cosy and stylish knitted slipper socks all the way from Finland. And they know about keeping warm there.

  • 10 years ago
    Love my slippers, feel comfy and relaxed
  • 10 years ago

    I do. I have an ancient, 3 euro pair of pantouffles a friend bought me in Portugal and sent over. They are still warm and comfy and an extra size too big to take thermal socks, which unfortunately we need pretty much all year round in cold, rainy N Yorkshire

  • 10 years ago

    With slipper socks too if it's cold.

  • PRO
    10 years ago

    I LOVE my slippers. I wear them more often than not in the house. They really do keep me cosy ;-)

  • 10 years ago

    I go barefoot most of the time indoors, just because I don't have anything as gorgeous as these slippers.

  • 10 years ago

    Total indulgence but I have a pair of Uggs that I use as slippers around the house - total comfort, warm and still look good when I have to answer the door....

  • 10 years ago

    I can't bear to get into bed without mine, so every morning my first act on wakening is to retrieve my slippers from under the bottom of the duvet. To do so and to retrieve a pair like this would be sheer heaven!

  • 10 years ago

    Always :) Mine are grey and fluffy but a little bit on the old side now...so time for a new pair?!

  • 10 years ago
    I always wear slippers as we have wooden parquet floors downstairs. These slippers look super toasty!
  • 10 years ago
    Yes, kick off day shoes when I enter house, barefoot until late, then slippers. Wearing too often not good for your feet. Also keeps slippers as a special treat ... Too much of a good thing and all that ;-)
  • 10 years ago

    Oooh yes, slippers rule in our house!

  • 10 years ago
    I work from home a lot, so slippers are technically part of my 'work uniform' and therefore wear out quite quickly, so these would go down a treat!
  • 10 years ago
    Maybe if I wore slippers more I wouldn't get through socks so quickly!
  • 10 years ago
    I can't handle cold feet. I always wear slippers around the house! (Or slipper-socks)
  • 10 years ago
    Yes! Who doesn't wear slippers...
  • 10 years ago

    Yes, walking on cold wooden floors isn't ideal

  • 10 years ago

    I always wear slippers - I have even been know to go to the supermarket in them because I can't bear to take them off!

  • 10 years ago
    They look super comfy!
  • 10 years ago

    the only time i DON'T wear any kind of slippers, is when it's REALLY hot.

  • 10 years ago

    I have quite a few pairs. but the pair I wear the most are my husbands , I only do it to annoy and it works .He is allways looking for them.

  • 10 years ago

    Always! As soon as I'm in the door, my shoes are off and slippers on

  • 10 years ago

    The very first thing I do when coming home after a day at work is to locate my slippers, how lovely would these slippers be to wear, they look comforting and cosy!

  • 10 years ago

    I always take my outdoor shoes off when I enter the house. In private I wear slippers, when I have friends in my home I wear indoor shoes.

  • 10 years ago

    I hate my feet getting sweaty but I'd love some to give as a gift

  • 10 years ago

    Not really but these do look comfy - I know somebody who would love them!

  • 10 years ago

    I wear slippers but my current pair is falling to bits

  • 10 years ago
    Love love love the feel of taking off work shoes and getting my slippers on!
  • 10 years ago
    Yes always - first thing I do when I get in. I feel guilty though when I pop out to the wheelie bin without changing them
  • 10 years ago

    Yes everyday. Since becoming a full time Mum, they've become my work wear!

  • PRO
    10 years ago

    gorgeous slippers

  • PRO
    10 years ago

    Yes, everyday - either felt slippers or pure wool slippers, with knitted wool socks in them on cold winter days...

  • 10 years ago
    I change straight into slippers when I get in, even before I take off my coat. Even take them to friends homes.
  • 10 years ago
    My slippers are toasty warm fluffy ones and with underfloor heating mostly I go bare foot, but when I feel a little low, out comes the Jim jams and fluffy slippers and snuggle, bliss
  • 10 years ago

    The one and only reason is I can't find any that size 12 feet look normal in, I look like I'm walking around with pillows and carpet on my feet. Born Slippery.

  • 10 years ago

    Yes when I've got a pair! Unfortunately I'm hoping Santa will bring me some replacements as mine fell victim to dust when we were replastering!

  • 10 years ago

    mine are dying and my partner went to buy some but they had sold out perhaps these will do


  • 10 years ago
    Always been reluctant to (images of grandma!) but these look SO lovely and I need to start as I've now got a beautiful tiled kitchen floor to negotiate
  • 10 years ago
    Love slippers
  • 10 years ago

    I Hate splinters and always wear slippers

  • 10 years ago

    Hi everyone!

    Thanks for all the comments and input, it was great to see so many of you get involved! The competition is now closed, and any winners should have received an email from us confirming their prize so get checking.

    Happy New Year and here's to the next one!