What is your big-ticket item for the year?
10 years ago
Featured Answer
Sort by:Oldest
Comments (20)
- 10 years ago
Related Discussions
What are your thoughts on Marsala - 2015's Colour of the Year?
Comments (26)I quite like its warmth and would go well in small furnishing touches in our new house moving to in Spring - it is fairly modernist, but has exposed brickwork and wood cladding, a slightly industrial feel. I like wine shades generally and wear them a lot. However, it could look a bit fusty in an older building, slightly faded and 80s chinzty even? I would definately be worried about it on walls, unless I wanted that feeling...See MoreWhat items have you kept from your childhood?
Comments (4)Quite a few, my original teddy bear (Lambzy) which was passed down from my brother and is 43 years old is still at mums house, some school exercise books with hilarious silly drawings all all over the covers which used to get me in trouble, a lego set from 1983 is boxed somewhere too!...See More4 year old (big girl) bedroom
Comments (7)Hi. Maybe either go a chalk pink or duck egg on the walls to add some colour. Or alternatively add the colour in the curtains, accessories and bedding. I've attached this chair from alison at home which is on clearance at the moment (found it for another post and think it will suit your room!). Images are from argos and buckeye state. I think bunting can look really good in a girls room and a way to add colour. Or if you went with the 2nd option, maybe add some framed butterfly art on the walls. Having a couple of teddies or strategically placed wooden blocks can keep the room young and look really good. By the way the pinks in these pics are pretty pink but I'd go very pastel or chalk personally and just add splashes of it....See MoreWhat household item do you love to hate?
Comments (6)I currently own the most awkwardly shaped vacuum cleaner in Wales, I am certain.It was given to us from our neighbour....I thought they liked us! I also have a gas cooker about which my husband derides me each time I try to light the oven, he swears I twist my wrist and turn it out as I flick the knob....now I don't believe I do....much miffery goes on about 6 pm in our kitchen..lol & because I love Vintage & Antique furniture, of course I have projects which hang about waiting for attention and bunging up the spare bedroom...it's the 'Curse of Ikea' I tell you! When 'WILL' my Husband rewire that lamp? 2025?...See More- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years agolast modified: 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago








Iona