fitted bookcase dilemma
10 years ago
Featured Answer
Sort by:Oldest
Comments (14)
- 10 years ago
Related Discussions
Adapting Billy bookcase?
Comments (8)You could do as above and trim around an 80 cm unit and give a real built in feel or as the shelves are adjustable you could fit two 40 cm units buy some extra shelving packs and just drill the holes out on both internal sides of both units and cut down the shelving to fit the centre column, I would still put some smaller trims round this option to just to make it bespoke!...See MoreBookcase colour with Stiffkey Blue?
Comments (14)Lovely link thank you carolins. I have spent hours looking at IKEA hacks. HI minnie and no I dont do DIY, a terrible at it sadly! The alcoves are just over a metre wide which is tricky with billy bookcases, the skirtings are fab, they are huge, around 30cm tall and moulded and there is a picture rail too. I would have the shelves up to this point. There are sockets at the back of the alcove so I need access to these so any shevles would have to be fitted above these. I did wonder about doing sth like this (using two sets of billys with a dividing upright in the middle to fill up the alcove width) but the shelves are a tad shallow and am worried it might look a bit cheap....? http://www.ikeahackers.net/2015/06/billys-alcove-alchemy.html...See MoreBookcase wall, what to do with cornicing?
Comments (10)I too would find a different bookcase. In fact find a decent joiner and have one made. We had ours built out of mdf and then added trims because we don't have cornicing. It cost me £160 in mdf and £185 for the joiners labour for a day. I then spray painted it white... You can literally have it as you want it and if you're after glass doors, any decent joiner could add them into the design....See MoreLarge bookcases
Comments (11)This would be relatively easy to construct using cut to size finished panels that are drilled for dowels and edge banded to the visible faces, Cutlist are one company we have used on two projects. Vertical supports are located onto horizontal panels using dowels (glued as well should you wish, with the next horizontal panel placed on top, again using dowels, and so forth. The range of finishes is endless, from Egger boards to birch ply or MDF. Please find photos attached - in both cases we added sliding doors to the front....See More- 10 years agolast modified: 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago







minnie101