Dark kitchens - are they hot or not?
10 years ago
Featured Answer
Sort by:Oldest
Comments (37)
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
Related Discussions
Kitchen - black or white worktop, light or dark walls?
Comments (7)I have black granite work tops and a huge amount of them and an island - my reason for choosing is that I believe granite is a lot stronger in the dark colours where as marble is stronger in the light colours - I am (hope husband doesn't see this!) a little bit bored of the black work tops - they are classic but a bit dead - next time, if there is ever a next time, I would not play so safe and would go for light work tops with a bit more interest. I would steer clear of work tops unless you are prepared to really look after them and treat them regularly! As for walls - I would go light - and ensure it is a paint that you can wash splattering off! Not a basic emulsion! That way, by going light you can change colour of kitchen accessories at any time to freshen it up and update it. If I was planning a new kitchen now, I would probably go for light tops with up stands and then have a feature surface in a different material - perhaps a rounded wooden block at the end of a unit as a feature. I love my kitchen but I have played it a bit safe, on reflection!!...See MoreDark dated kitchen transformation!
Comments (12)Wow, this fantastic. Can't believe this is the same space. I think you have done an amazing job of making the three colours work together. Well done....See MoreAny problems with dark grey marble in kitchen?
Comments (3)Looks beautiful, but as you probably know marble is porous so may stain. However it had been used for hundreds of years in Italian homes so it can’t be that bad?...See MoreLight or dark wooden floor in white gloss north-facing kitchen/ diner?
Comments (6)Thanks Sonia, I totally agree with you. My current floor is a shade darker than your second image. So it's warm but too dark. I love the herringbone floor but am not brave enough to take the risk...it can look very busy and while the room is large I'm not 100% sure it can carry it off...See More- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years agolast modified: 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago








User