Kitchen cabinet colour - Howdens Stone
10 years ago
Featured Answer
Sort by:Oldest
Comments (16)
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
Related Discussions
Question re kitchen from Howdens - Tewkesbury Framed Antique White
Comments (13)I looked at this very kitchen but instead went for the Wren equivalent which is also timber framed....the designer range Shaker kitchen. My builder commented how it was more solidly constructed than the Howden kitchen and it came ready to fit (not flat pack) so was easy to install. Pic below. The island is green but the rest is off white. They will match or better any other quote. Their designs were also better than Howdens....See MoreHowdens Burford Stone kitchen
Comments (10)Hi. I think a white/neutral with a pink undertone might work. You could look at farrow and ball slipper satin or dimity but I'd pick up a few colour charts and then get some testers. Dulux just walnut I think will also work but there won't be much contrast between units and walls...See MoreHowdens Chelford Shaker Kitchen
Comments (5)We have a Howdens Dove Grey matt finish kitchen with oak worktops and oak floors. Walls are F&B Purbeck Stone, the splashback in Titanium is also from Howdens - it’s water resistant, but NOT heat resistant board - hence the glass behind cooker. There is a north facing window over the sink and south facing French doors at the other end, also glass French doors into the kitchen so the room is usually fairly light. I wouldn’t say that the units every look white, it then the ceiling is painted in F&B Pointing and the woodwork in F&B Shadow White so maybe that affects the light and reflections? I’d really recommend plinth drawers from Howdens - I have one on the drawer unit next to the cooker and keep all my baking tins in it!...See MoreHow can I pull my howdens cashmere kitchen together?
Comments (9)Hello, @Juliet Docherty is exactly right, and unfortunately, that is the cause of the problem on this one. The cream is actually bringing out the purple further (and the red teatowel won't be helping). The first step would be to change the tiles to a white that compliments the grey with its undertone. The walls with them are much easier to manage (and find a white for). I would then (personal preference only) also do white on the beams overhead to minimise their impact, push up the ceiling and allow the kitchen and lighter wood here, to take centre stage. When all this is done, as a side note, you may then also want to change the bar stools to get away from those creams :) PS I love your floor! it's gorgeous. I hope this helps. But definitely, always get samples of tiles and place them with the kitchen in the actual rooms you are working with - taking a door to the artificially lit warehouse isn't going to give you an exact colour reference to look at. The same with the wall colours - we found with our clients, painting a shoe box works best because standing this is your room you can see angles from all sides and where shadows fall etc all in one sample - works really well with an empty space too. All the best and do let us know how you get on :) Best, Gina...See More- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 9 years ago





Lisa Burdett