9 years ago
Featured Answer
Sort by:Oldest
Comments (6)
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
Related Discussions
Carpet for stairs, landing and master bedroom
Comments (26)Hi Carolina I have these floor tiles and a similar wall colour, and lots of art. My stair carpet is wool and called taupe. I think it works well. I think any of the 3 samples would look equally good. Darker will show every speck of lint though. I will now try and put a photo on. Forgive me if it doesn't work, for being a technophobe, and forgive me if it does for a messy house. I am going to clean today. Honest....See MorePatio design
Comments (1)Composite Deck? Once down you'll have very little maintenance for years. You could find a colour that matches your Ikea tiles too. Let me know if you need any assistance....See MoreKitchen diner layout! Advice please
Comments (9)I'm guessing by the layout, and fireplaces that it's an old Victorian building. The only thing to remember with flats is that unless you are the sole Freeholder as well as the leaseholder, then you have to get permission from the Freeholder for just about anything internally with regards moving / knocking down walls. I would say, that the best thing to do would be to have a small archway from lounge ( bed 2 ) in to the kitchen diner. The next owner can easily re-instate the wall if they want 2 bedrooms back.....................obviously 2 beds is more valuable than 1. Moving the Kitchen to the bedroom is a better idea and should be achievable as there is clearly drain access out the back near the toilet. If you were to do that you end up with a great sized lounge / diner in the biggest room. You have to take the advice of a structural engineer though, due to it being a flat as you need to know what's structural. I personally nearly always run things past a local estate agent to confirm that my changes are going to add value. I would imagine that a large / spacious well layed out one bed is going to be similar in value to a cramped 2 bed....See MoreSplashback decision
Comments (17)We had granite worktop with upstand and no splashback in our previous house and I can honestly say it never bothered me; the painted walls were easy to wipe clean and even refresh with a bit of paint when some stain got stubborn (that happened only once!) The thought of grout in the kitchen terrifies me...! :)) We now have glass for splashback and I think it's the best! (I don't have any better pics of our old kitchen, at the time I wasn't into photographing interiors). My advice is not to go for tiles, just keep it simple and clean. Good luck!...See More- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago

Sonia Bhayani