1960s Bungalow renovation
9 years ago
Featured Answer
Sort by:Oldest
Comments (12)
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
Related Discussions
1960s bungalow makeover - we’re stuck!
Comments (14)As I suspected, I do not believe you can use the area marked in red unless you raise the roof height. In order to get 4 bedrooms and a bathroom ( or 2 ) out of the roof, you would have to have four dormers. Planning departments often do not like Dormers on the fronts of homes..........but you could try. I stand behind what i said earlier. I would ask the local planning department for a pre-planning meeting. Ask them if they would be likely to grant permission before you go down the route of having plans drawn that may be turned down. It definitely wouldn't be a cheap option, so I don't know what your budget is? It's asking a lot from a roof. You may more easily get 3 beds and 1 bathroom up there to cut down on the build cost and maybe an alternative if the planners say no to the front dormers. They can also be very funny about changing the height of an existing route, so don't be surprised if they say no. I don't say this to be mean, it's more to be realistic and have a Plan B up your sleeve. I'm not sure if you've considered other layouts instead of the bedrooms in the loft. How mobile are the oldies? Perhaps they could have the whole of upstairs and re-configure the ground? That would be a lot easier....See MoreI live in a 1960s bungalow would a wood-burning stove look okay in my
Comments (22)The fireplace is Yorkshire stone - the patterned wallpaper on chimney breast is grey/white, remaining walls white with a hint of grey. I agree re a plain sofa Jonathan but just a bit stumped re colour. I suppose a cream or beige would match curtains but thats the colour of the sofa I’m dumping after 16 years....See MoreUpdate 1960s Bungalow
Comments (2)I think I would be looking to add a dormer and terrace to increase the upstairs space and take advantage of the view. And I would probably move the front door to near the stairs thereby helping make the front bedroom bigger....See More1960s Bungalow Exterior
Comments (4)It depends the building might need planning permission to have gabble roof porch, change the frontage or adding dormers, keep in mind moving the front door could impact on inner layout change. For recess terrace make sure the water drain properly designed and if there is no water or gas line there If there is no loft or second floor i think there no need to have any window there as it could lower insulation in winter, could use decoratives that similar that used for london fake windows...See More- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
















McCann Moore Architects