rosie_connolly43

Wallpapering around ceiling beams. Help!?

Rosie Connolly
I've stupidly decided that I wanted to wallpaper either side of our stone chimney breast. We have ceiling beams every foot or so . . . And hot water pipes. I've made a start but it's been fiddly, this is my first time wallpapering and I was just wondering if anyone had tricks or tips to make papering around the actual beam a little easier. Also, I've tried several different Stanley knives and I'm changing the blade regularly but the paper seems to be tearing in places. Any advice would be very much appreciated, thanks.

Sorry about the photo, it's not a recent one and doesn't show the papering I've done but just to give you an idea of what I'm working with.