jamiefrater

Help needed with colour palette

Jamie Frater
7 years ago

Hi all.

I have finally got the bulk of my color palette together but I am having a dilemma over one color. Here is the palette so far . . . all colors are Farrow and Ball and the gold and blue are accent colors for furniture, cushions, accessories, etc.

My plan for using these colors are:

Library (North): Mole's breath

Dining Room (East): Worsted

Kitchen (West): Hardwick white cabinets (All White walls)

Drawing Room + Morning Room (South): Lamp Room Gray

Hallways, Stairwell, etc. (N-S): Lamp Room Gray

I really want the hallways and morning and drawing rooms to have the following look in terms of grey. This is to be the dominant color:

White Triple Panel Vertical Colosseum Radiator · More Info

All rooms will have All White for the woodwork and ceilings.

As you move through the house from sunny South to dark North I plan to increase the gold accents and decrease the blue - so the warmer rooms have more blue and the darker rooms more gold. This will be also true in the rugs.

Here's my quandry: what color of grey will give me the closest result to the photograph above? I think I have it narrowed down to Lamp Room Gray (as seen in the palette), Purbeck Stone, and Pavilion Gray.

The rooms that will be dominated by this color are the ones receiving the most sunlight - so they are warm and bright rooms.

Comments (7)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.