Furniture help
8 years ago
Featured Answer
Sort by:Oldest
Comments (19)
- 8 years agolast modified: 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
Related Discussions
Painting furniture help
Comments (8)I agree with Monica and Cynthia and would use chalk paint. I wouldn't personally recommend annie Sloan for the off white colours, it takes 3/4 coats to cover. I've found rust'oleum better for the off whites. I've also used annie Sloan graphite and a mid tone shade though which were great, her paint goes much further than it says on the tin and really needs watering down. It really depends on what colour you're going for in my opinion but make sure the surface is clean and dry before you start. Autentico is another make with a large range of colours but I'm yet to try it....See MoreBedroom furniture help
Comments (16)I love the hemnes range too (I have some of the 'oak'), but the range contains a poor excuse for a dressing table :-( I know I'm going to have to compromise on something but I'm being stubborn until I've ruled out all my options :-)...See MoreWall colour ideas for all black furniture? Help!
Comments (3)A few more ideas. Love the black in the bedrooms...makes for such a luxurious hotel feel....See MoreFurniture plan help - can't figure out living room
Comments (7)Hi Carmen. It’s a lovely room but like you say lots of entries and walkways make it quite complex to design. You definitely have too many small items of furniture that are cluttering it up so you need to decide what you need in there, do you want a unit for books, display items, photos? Do you need something to store dinner ware? I would remove the little book case, see if your sideboard would fit in dining area either between fireplace and window or on flat wall opposite window. I prefer your arrangement with the sofa in middle of room as the chairs are now positioned facing the fireplace as they should be. I would keep your marketplace chairs they have good bones and recover when you have chosen a sofa. I would look to get a large ottoman which can double up as a table with a tray on to centre your furniture around. You can have it covered in a gorgeous fabric so it is a showpiece. It looks like you do puzzles so how about a small table for two for games and puzzles in the blank space by the window. If the view is good I was thinking possibly built in corner seating too. If you want display storage then you could use the wall where your sideboard is for a taller display unit. On the wall between the windows in sitting room you could have a thin console table with lamps on for mood lighting. Choose your furniture first and get layout right then find a huge rug that will anchor all the furniture within the space you should have front legs of all furniture on the rug. I hope that’s given you some ideas I will share some pictures...See More- 8 years agolast modified: 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago






















Sally MeddOriginal Author